“It always seems impossible until it’s done” – Nelson Mandela
At Stokes we understand that the breakdown of any relationship can be very stressful and worrying. During such a difficult time, important decisions usually need to be made concerning financial matters and future arrangements for any children involved.
Stokes have a very experienced, sympathetic team of family lawyers to guide you through the legal process and achieve the best outcome for you. If emergency action is required, we are able to act quickly to protect your interests.
When you instruct Stokes, you can rest assured that you will have a fully qualified lawyer who will be with your every step of the way.
We also advise our Clients on our charging methods and keep them updated as things progress.
We are happy to have an initial meeting with any new client free of charge. In this way you can judge our approach for yourself and we can advise you as to our likely legal charges. In some cases applications can be made to the Court for a legal funding order to help you pay your legal fees.
We can help you with:-
- Pre-nuptial agreements;
- Cohabitation agreements;
- Legal Separations;
- Divorce and financial claims;
- What happens to pensions upon divorce;
- Problems between unmarried couples (including financial claims);
- Disputes over the ownership of property;
- Domestic Violence;
- Mediation (a process of agreeing future arrangements for your children or in relation to your finances without the need for contests court proceedings)
For your children:
- Child Arrangements Orders;
- Parental Responsibility Orders/Agreement (the grant of parental rights to the father of a child);
- Specific issues Order (an order relating to a single matter upon which a child’s parents cannot agree i.e a child’s religious upbringing);
- Prohibited Steps Order (an order preventing certain steps being taken in relation to a child);
- Financial Applications on behalf of children;
- Change of a child’s name;
- International child abduction.
With effect from 1 May 2010, the Family Department no longer undertakes public funding (formerly known as Legal Aid) work.
Camilla Bindra Jones – Solicitor
Tel: 023 9282 8131
Fax: 023 9281 1339