Head Office: Stokes Solicitors LLP, 108 Victoria Road North, Southsea, Portsmouth PO5 1QQ
Stokes Solicitors is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. SRA No: 487021
- How do we hold your information
- Cyber Security
- Website Data
- Google Analytics
- Complaints Procedure
- Downloadable Content
- Equality and Diversity
HOW DO WE HOLD YOUR INFORMATION?
Stokes Solicitors LLP is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 and complies with the Act.
As correspondence between us and any third parties involved in your matter (with whom we may need to disclose necessary information but only for the purposes of the services being rendered to you) will be dealt with under our strict security procedures and our Data Protection Policy.
Please note that emails are sent unencrypted from our offices but please be advised that e-mail, mobile and any electronic communications are not totally secure, and information can be lost, intercepted or corrupted. If you do not wish us to communicate electronically on your matter (i.e. email, fax, mobile phone) you must advise us, otherwise we will assume your authority is given in this regard.
During the conduct of your matter we may be required to disclose or discuss some of your details to a third party or professional bodies. This may include e.g. barristers, solicitors, auditors and regulatory services. In these instances we shall only disclose what we deem necessary and that you authorise us so to do in this respect.
If you require:
- details of any information we hold about you personally
- any data we may hold to be removed/amended/deleted
please write to: Stokes Solicitors LLP, 108 Victoria Road North, Portsmouth PO5 1QQ.
We may use your details to promote Stokes Solicitors LLP marketing services only, your personal information will never be sold or used by any other organisation.
If you do not wish to be included in any promotions by Stokes Solicitors LLP please advise us by:
sending a message with your name to email@example.com or post to Stokes Solicitors LLP, 108 Victoria Road North, Portsmouth PO5 1QQ or call 02392 828131.
Cybercrime is now rife and when dealing with conveyancing matters ‘online’ we would advise our clients to exercise the utmost caution. By instructing this firm you will have a personal relationship with us which should assist in avoiding some of the common scams carried out by fraudsters. Emails are NOT SECURE and this firm will only send encrypted password protected emails containing our Bank details. Otherwise we will call you, write to you or fax you with our Bank details. If you receive any other type of email purporting to be from us which is at all suspicious please phone us immediately before taking any action and speak to the conveyancer dealing with matters to make sure that any details are correct. Do not send your Bank details by email to anyone – either phone them through to us or take them in to us. If you use social media we would urge you not to mention your plans in moving home and the money involved in the transaction or you could become a victim of online fraudsters.
WEBSITE DATA WWW.STOKES-LAW.CO.UK
When accessing Stokes Solicitors LLP website we use Google Analytics for the purposes of analysing data from and measuring the users of our site. See further explanation Google Analytics below.
The term ‘Stokes Solicitors LLP’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is108 Victoria Road North Portsmouth PO5 1QQ. Our company registration number is OC334688. Solicitors in United Kingdom. Authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (www.sra.org.uk) SRA No: 487021. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
- Stokes Solicitors LLP does not accept liability for anything construed as advice given.
- We do not accept any liability of any social media sites.
- We take cyber security and personal data very seriously. Information requested on our website are contact details and questionnaires are designed to request minimal information. Any information given is used solely by Stokes Solicitors LLP for the purposes they were intended and in accordance with Data Protection requirements.
When accessing Stokes Solicitors LLP website please be aware that we use Google Analytics for the purposes of analysing data from and measuring the users of our site. Google analytics does not store any personal information about website users and full details of Google Analytics can be found at www.google.com/analytics. Please see further Terms and Conditions for website usage on our Disclaimer page.
Google Analytic cookies are used on our website. Further details can be obtained here regarding which cookies are used, an explanation of the cookies and what they do and life span of any cookies.
Depending on your Operating System you can delete cookies from your device. If you wish to delete any cookies please refer to your systems manual and “Clear browsing data,” select the checkboxes for Cookies and site data and Cached images and files.
In order to maintain our high standard of service, we appreciate your telling us if you are concerned about any aspect of our service, and we will aim to resolve the problem quickly with you. The following procedure will apply:
- Please mention your concern directly to the person dealing with your matter.
- If the problem is not resolved at this stage, then please write with your complaint to the Head of the Department (or to the Chief Executive if you are complaining about the Head of Department).
- If the problem is not resolved at that stage, please send written details of your complaint to the Chief Executive (or to the Chairman if you are complaining about the Chief Executive).
- You will be contacted in response to the problem, and an internal enquiry will be undertaken promptly with a view to resolving the matter to your satisfaction.
- If you remain dissatisfied following these procedures, you are entitled to apply to the Legal Ombudsman. Full details of the Legal Ombudsman are available at www.legalombudsman.org.uk (telephone 0300 555 0333 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. This service is available to all members of the public, very small businesses, charities clubs and trusts.
- There may also be a right to object to the bill by applying to the Court for an assessment of the bill under Part III of the Solicitors Act 1974; you should however be aware that if all or any part of a bill remains unpaid the firm may be entitled to charge interest.
We may from time to time make available on our website downloadable content (such as brochures, leaflets, questionnaires). Any contents of our website remain copyright to Stokes Solicitors LLP. The downloadable documents may be redistributed (print or electronic) provided that copies of the downloadable content is not edited or amended in any way and must retain:-
- Name of our company, and
- Any disclaimers, copyright notices and other legal notices.
EQUALITY AND DIVERSITY MONITORING
Stokes Solicitors LLP is committed to and encourages equality and diversity within our workplace. Stokes Solicitors LLP constantly monitors our current and intended workforce and the data is available upon request.
We may from time to time publish on our website advertisement for job opportunities within our organisation. We reserve the right to update information concerning job opportunities posted on our website. We do not guarantee that we will consider all applications for job opportunities; nor do we guarantee that every application will be updated on their progress but we will endeavour to inform the applicant wherever possible; nor do we guarantee that the applicant will proceed to the next stage of the recruitment process. However, we will ensure all applications are conducted in accordance with all applicable laws. We treat all information in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. We will not return any hard copies to the applicant and will confidentially dispose of all applications after a period of six months.